our club Covid policy is based on Covid Return To Training Guidelines as laid out by Athletics Canada and Athletics Ontario.
Parents are responsible for deciding if their child is returning to training with Laurel Creek Track & Field Club under the current circumstances and protocol. We respect that you may decide your child needs to continue running independently at home.
Current information about COVID-19 can be found at https://covid-19.ontario.ca The requirements and ability for training may change as advice is provided from Athletics Ontario, Athletics Canada, Municipal Government, Ontario Government, Federal Government and their representatives. The guidance provided in Laurel Creek’s return to training protocol is in addition to and does not supersede any requirements by these governing bodies. The following are requirements for training by LC athlete members at Resurrection Catholic Secondary School.
PREPARATON REQUIRED FOR RETURN TO CLUB TRAINING
- Athletes must be registered with LC and Athletics Ontario.
- Athletes must read “Athletics Canada Back On Track: Returning To Training Guidelines + Athletics Ontario: Return To Training Guidelines. Parents are responsible for reviewing all protocols from Athletics Canada, Athletics Ontario and Laurel Creek TFC with their child and ensure the athletes understand the rules.
- Athletes must have completed the NEW on-line waiver as sent to all LC members. No entry into the facility if waiver has not been completed.
- Athletes and parents must be familiar with and follow the Outbreak Action Plan as outlined in Section VI of the “National Back On Track Return To Training Guidelines” document, located on the Athletics Ontario Return To Sport page.
PREPARATION BEFORE LEAVING THE HOUSE FOR TRAINING
- Has anyone in the household been at risk of contact with COVID-19 in the past 14 days? If the answer is yes, then the athlete must be cleared by a physician to attend practice.
- A parent is responsible for performing a COVID-19 Self-Screen as described at the Ontario Government website: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/. The athlete must pass the screening before travelling to a LC practice.
- Parents are requested to have their cell phones with them in case they need to be contacted.
Common COVID-19 Symptoms Include:
- Cough (new or worse)
- Shortness of breath (even when sitting or walking)
- Sore throat
- Runny nose/nasal condition (not due to allergies)
- Unusual level of fatigue
- Unusual headache
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea or loss of appetite
- Feeling unwell for an unknown reason
WHAT MUST BE BROUGHT TO EACH WORKOUT?
In addition to your usual training supplies, you MUST have:
- Sufficient hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes to last for the workout.
- Disposable tissues
- Plastic zip lock bags for disposal of wipes, tissues, or other personal garbage.
- A yoga mat, towel or small blanket for sitting/stretching on the track/ground. Please wash after each use.
- Ensure that you are familiar as to the location of your training group on the track. Athletes will be in groups of 9 or less with one designated coach.
FACILITY PROTOCOL AT THE TRACK: “GET IN, TRAIN, GET OUT.”
- No washroom facilities will be available. This will likely be more of an issue for the coaches! Therefore, visit the bathroom at your house just before you leave.
- Athletes are to show up at the track TEN minutes before their scheduled workout time. Please adhere to this request.
- All LC athletes are to enter the track at the gate that is located at the bottom of the ramp/driveway near the 100 m start line. A Health & Safety Officer will greet you and record your attendance. Simply indicate your name and the training group for which you are a part. Athletes MUST pass the Self-Screen For COVID-19 Risk Test. These questions will be posed to you by the Health & Safety Officer. Parents are responsible for the screening process before they leave home. If COVID-19 symptoms begin at a workout, the athlete must inform their coach and leave immediately.
- All athletes will receive a wrist band at check in that must be worn for the workout.
- Athletes are encouraged to wear LC tee shirts for identification purposes.
- Once an athletes arrives for the workout, he/she must stay in the facility until the workout is over.
- All athletes must check in again with the Health & Safety Officer when they depart the track.
- Parents are required to remain outside of the facility so as to keep the numbers down on the track.
- Parents are requested to be punctual with dropping off and picking up their children. Ensure that you are familiar with the start and end times for your child’s workout.
- Once athletes have cleared the check in procedure, they are to move in an expedient manner to their training area and maintain a 2 m distance from fellow athletes and coaches.
- All backpacks/gym bags are to be placed in the designated training area and 2 m apart from a teammate’s gym bag. Water bottles MUST have the athlete’s name on it and, for safety reasons, be placed back into the gym bag after each use. If an athlete removes layers of clothing during the workout, it must be secured in the gym bag.
- No sharing of water bottles, clothing and equipment such as massage rollers, stretching bands, skipping ropes, etc.
- There will be no access to the bathrooms so no access for filling water bottles. Please bring a sufficient supply of water with you.
- Sadly, no body contact which would include hugging, fist pumps, high fives, etc.
- No spitting or clearing of nasal passages, other than into a disposable tissues, when on the track. The disposable tissue must be placed directly into a zip lock bag and taken home by the athlete for disposal. The athletes should also bring plastic bags and paper towel in case of vomiting. This must also be taken home.
- Storage container access will be restricted to coaches only.
- A minimum of 2 m distance between athletes/coaches, in all directions must be maintained.
- Warm up and cool down must maintain at least 2 m separation.
- Athletes must not mix with other training groups when at the track.
- Coaches will provide clear instructions at each workout.
IF YOU DO NOT ADHERE TO THE PROTOCOL, YOU WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY.
From all the LC coaches, thank you for your co-operation.
Enjoy your training experience under these new conditions!